首页 > Home > News > [GCD4FE]【For primary and secondary school teachers】 The 6th Global Competition on Design for Future Education (2023) is coming!
[GCD4FE]【For primary and secondary school teachers】 The 6th Global Competition on Design for Future Education (2023) is coming!
date：2023-03-13 17:03author：adminsource：Smart Learning Instituteviews：
On March 1st, 2023
The 6th Global Competition on Design for Future Education
Category for primary and secondary school teachers AND Call for Videos
Looking forward to your participation!
The 6th Global Competition on Design for Future Education is jointly organized by Beijing Normal University, UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education, as well as well-known domestic and overseas organizations, universities, and enterprises. The Competition is open to primary and secondary school teachers across the world, including Case-study Collection and Call for Videos with a theme of “5-Minute Mini Lesson on Knowledge Points in K12. It aims to demonstrate how primary and secondary school teachers in different countries think about the futures of education and try to find solutions for global future education.
Competition for Primary and Secondary School Teachers
1.Registration and Case-study Submission
March 1st-May 18th, 2023
· Primary and secondary school teachers across the world, with no limitations to their teaching subjects, including teachers in formal or informal schools engaged in K-12 education. Participants can enroll as an individual, in teams or in schools (group schools, supporting schools, etc.).
· Each person can only participate in one case-study. If you participate in the name of a team or school, no addition or replacement of team members is allowed after shortlisted projects released.
· AI and education: How can AI create infinite possibilities in the campus of the future, hybrid learning spaces, virtual teachers and intelligent evaluation?
· Metaverse and education: How can an immersive online space construct educational scenarios in metaverse courses, metaverse conferences and metaverse with digital twins?
· Rural education: What design can help solve the needs of rural areas, such as teacher shortages, students’ motivation improving, curriculum design based on rural resources and foundational learning of literacy and numeracy skills?
· Inclusive education: How can an educational model help include all students? Consider inclusive learning environments, students with physical disabilities and health impairments, girls and women, students with learning difficulties and gifted children.
· Artificial Intelligence, Big Data and Psychology:How to accurately access students’ learning ability and status to effectively promote their mental health and well-being based on AI, Big Data, game-based and personalized psychological assessment and mental health, etc.? (such as AI-Based Psychological Assessment, Game-Based Psychological Assessment, Big Data in School Mental Health and Well-Being, Precision Digital Psychological Counseling Solution)
Cases should be based on the difficulties in teaching, centering on each link or element in the teaching process, exploring theoretical and technical support.
· Curriculum Design: Design case-studies on characteristic curriculum, such as interdisciplinary curriculum, ecological curriculum, rural revitalization curriculum, curriculum for special groups, etc., need to present a complete curriculum design and implementation process, with clear objectives, objects, contents, activities, and evaluations, etc.
· Teaching Tools Design:Design case-studies on teaching tools, including tools developed based on existing platforms and self-developed tools, such as tools for different disciplines, learning analysis tools, learning evaluation tools, resource libraries, input methods, etc. It needs to present pictures or videos of the tools, with some effects and feedback.
· Learning Environments Design:Design case-studies for specific learning environments, including online and offline learning environments, such as learning spaces for different disciplines, science and technology museums, artificial intelligence laboratories, metaverse spaces, etc. It needs to present design concepts, design renderings, implementation plans, etc.
· Teacher ICT Training Design:Design case-studies for teachers' ICT ability improvement. It needs to present design concepts, available resources and tools, etc., reflect the requirements of future education for teachers.
Please refer to the official website and download relevant instruction.
Five assessment criteria for case-study are problem awareness, innovation spirit, science and education integration, application prospect, and presentation and expression. First review experts will select the shortlisted teams, mainly relying on the submitted materials. Final review experts will select the winning teams, mainly relying on the submitted materials and final presentations.
Call for Videos——“5-Minute Mini Lesson on Knowledge Points in K12”
1.Registration and Video Submission
March 1st -May 18th, 2023
2.To: Primary and secondary school teachers across the world and those engaged in K12 education
3.About: The video could be used to explain the key knowledge points of mathematics, physics, chemistry and information technology in K12, helping students master knowledge points more effectively.
· Only Chinese or English are available in the video. The video should be used to explain the key knowledge points of mathematics, physics, chemistry and information technology in K12. In line with students’ cognitive level, the content should be original and scientific for one knowledge point.
· The video can take the form of an in-person, screen recording, animation production, etc. The picture and voice should be stable, smooth and clear. The watermark and brand logos cannot appear in the video, and sensitive information shall not be involved.
· The duration is within 5 minutes in MP4 format. The minimum canvas size is 720p. It is recommended that the horizontal screen is 1920*1080 with a picture ratio of 16:9. The video size cannot exceed 200M.
· Participants have to register and submit the video in E-Library platform (https://elibrary.iite.unesco.org/), and the name of the submitted files should be in the form of “video name - - author name - - country - - school”.
NOTE: It is preferred to submit the video on E-Library platform. In case of submission failure in the E-Library platform, it is allowed to submit the video via the official email firstname.lastname@example.org in the form of “video name - - author name - - school - - tel/email”. Please submit the works through only one channel.
Three assessment criteria for video are accuracy, creativity and coordination. The Organizing Committee of the Competition will organize the first review of the submitted works, and the shortlisted works will be released on the official Tik tok (Account: 全球未来教育设计大赛) or Instagram(Account: GCD4FE) for public review, Participants and audience can repost, comment and give a like to their favorite videos. Videos failing to pass the first review will not enter the next round. The winning videos will be evaluated comprehensively by the Judging Committee.
Competition for Primary and secondary school teacher
Call for Videos
Registration and Case-study Submission
March 1st to May 18th, 2023
Video Submission and Public Review
March 1st to May 18th, 2023
First Review and Case-study Optimization
Expert Review and Results Announcement
· Bonus, certificate and Competition Resource Bundle.
· Winning projects to be included in Competition Collection of Excellent Projects and E-Library platform with relevant certificates issued by UNESCO IITE and be displayed in the Beijing International Design Week.
· Winners to be invited to attend the conferences hosted by Beijing Normal University, such as Global Smart Education Conference, etc.
· Projects can be transformed into achievements, such as intellectual property rights, patents, papers, etc.
Competition for Primary and Secondary School Teachers: Participants should register on the official website(http://gcd4fe.bnu.edu.cn/).
Call for Videos: Participants should register and submit the video in the E-Library platform (https://elibrary.iite.unesco.org/).
Tik tok (Account: GCD4FE)
YouTube (Account: GCD4FE)
Address: 12F, Block A, Jingshi Technology Building, No. 12 Xueyuan South Road, Haidian District, Beijing, China